Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!

Yesterday, there was a 5.4 mag earthquake 30 miles (in Pomona) from Pasadena. I was in my 7th floor office building at JPL. At first I thought the ground was shaking due to some fat dude walking down the hall. But as soon as the walls started to shake, I realized that that wasn't the case. Anyways the building I was in was built on rollers, which means the building goes with the flow of the earthquake. BUT, I was so high up that the swaying of the building was scary ridic. The earthquake lasted 20 seconds. The experience was pretty cool cuz it's the first one I felt. Luckily I did not crap my pants as that would have been awkward in my hallway cubicle and people would immediately figure out who shit their pants. Next time, I wish not to be so high up.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

::shake shake shake::

"Every so often, one large earthquake can trigger another."

Scared???