Monday, February 8, 2010

Why Be Average?

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to be recognized as the "go-to" guy for something? Or to be able to exert your awesomeness over people in one hobby?

Lately, I've been feeling as if I could do better...better than what I am now. I guess Mr. Meng stuck this idea in my head a long time ago, though at the time I just brushed it off. It kind of sucks to be mediocre at everything you do. When you have to fill out those "special talent" boxes, what do you put if you're not beastly at something? I feel like there is no reason why I can't be dominate if I really try hard.

So, I've been trying to figure out what I could do to be better. It's hard to pick up something that someone you know is already really good at. I suppose you could get satisfaction by surpassing this person. I guess this is a written declaration that I'm going to try to be better than mediocre. Some things that I feel would be cool to try to exert my dominance in are: knowing math, poker, halo, starcraft, dota (maybe, but this seems like there is lots to know about the game and is more team dependent). Also I plan to exercise regularly again. I've been hitting the gym for the past couple weeks. This self-improvement phase can only help me, so why not give it a go?

Here's to being awesome...*HIGH FIVE*!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

*high five!!!*
also, be awesome at being nice to the Carolyn.