Sunday, May 16, 2010

RAGBRAI and other news

I got into the lottery for the biking adventure across Iowa. So, I wanted to jot down some of the reasons I decided to do RAGBRAI before I forget.

1) Adventure after graduation. After finishing the torture of Caltech, I think I need something crazy to do after I graduate. I've always admired Lance Armstrong for being able to bike the tour de france. So, here's my mini adventure. We get to camp at different cities in Iowa and enjoy the open road. Besides, I've never been to Iowa.

2) Weight Loss/getting fit. I think this event motivates me to exercise. My biggest fear, like with anything, is not being able to succeed. I would hate not to be able to complete any part of this week long bike ride. So with stubbornness in hand, I can get fit.

3) Crazy trip that I wouldn't expect myself to do. At this point in my life, I haven't really done anything amazing. Since middle school, I've always had an internship in the summer. The little time I did have off, I always went to San Francisco to see my grandmother. So, I figured at this point in my life, I need a story to tell. Besides, supposedly I'm approaching the best shape of my life.


In other news, here's an update on what has been going on:

- There are 3 weeks left of schooling at Caltech (2 wks and 1 wk for finals). I average about 2 sets a week, so my workload isn't that bad. I just want to get it over with. Also, even though I don't have much work, I find myself waking up past noon almost everyday.

- I try to exercise everyday now. If I don't complete an hour on the elliptical or bike, I don't usually feel "worked out".

- I've been eating tons of watermelon and drinking lots of water. This makes me have to go to the bathroom constantly.

- I realized that I'm just a big kid. Even though I'm currently 23 years old, I find myself not thinking about or making important decisions yet. I just avoid these thoughts and issues until I really really have to deal with them. I just distract myself with other stuff, mainly video games and working out.

No comments: