Thursday, December 8, 2011

Work in Progress

Here are a list of things I need to work on:

1) Stop being passive aggressive. Sometimes I don't even realize that I'm being passive aggressive. I think this is mostly due to the way I was raised since my mom is super passive aggressive. I know it's not healthy. It makes you bottle up your feelings which always lead to a volatile, regrettable situation. I guess I never saw it this way but a friend told me that being passive aggressive is a form of pettiness. Life is too short to be petty. One solution I will attempt is to be more open about thoughts/feelings and point out any problems when they occur.

2) Be a little neater. Everybody had their own definition of neatness. Currently my definition of being neat/clean is nowhere near the real definition of being clean. Even though some things are put away, I have random trinkets and stuff laying around in plain sight. This clutter lends itself to being messy. Besides it's always nice to have your apartment/car/desk look clean.

3) Keep up with hobbies. Maybe I have ADD, but I find myself losing my hobbies after awhile and especially if life is going pretty good. This trend makes me bored, and life is too short to be bored. So I guess I need to keep up with my hobbies, even if life is going well.

4) Make an effort to hang out with people. When life is going well (i.e. job is good, in a relationship, etc) I tend to settle in by myself and not make an effort to see people. This is a bad trend, since friends will always be there for you in the best of times and the worse of times. It's not like I don't like seeing them, its just that I am content with life and therefore more content to stay in. I should try to initiate hangouts and ask people if they're free. I usually have fun when I do make the effort to go out. I've been doing pretty well this week on this goal, and it has been fun.

I'm sure there are many things for me to work on, but in the near future I feel like these are important things I should try to accomplish.

No comments: